Schoolwide Learning Goals
We, the students of Oakland Technical High School, will be:
Effective Communicators who demonstrate proficiency in writing, reading, listening, speaking, and presenting.
- Students use writing as a means of understanding and learning new concepts.
- Students write expository, persuasive, analytical, and creative pieces.
- Students prepare oral, written, visual, and artistic presentations.
Skillful Users of Technology who access, organize, process, and evaluate information in both traditional and digital formats from a variety of sources.
- Students conduct research using paper and digital resources with attention to reliability of sources and integrity of others’ work.
- Students communicate with others using a variety of devices.
- Students use appropriate technology to exhibit their work.
Problem Solvers who use algebra and other mathematical and reasoning strategies to solve both theoretical and real-world problems.
- Students complete Algebra 1 with a C or better by the end of 9th grade.
- Students complete at least two additional math courses.
- Students apply problem-solving strategies in their other courses, especially science.
Active Participants in a Career-Building/College-Going Culture who have built a toolkit of skills and information that lead to college admission and entry into interesting careers.
- Students meet or exceed UC a-g requirements.
- Students access the College and Career Center on campus.
- Students research basic information about a variety of colleges and careers.
- Students learn basic information about ways to finance a college education.
Contributors to the Community who live with integrity, show respect for others, and exhibit good citizenship.
- Students participate in extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, drama, dance, and musical performances.
- Students work together to improve the welfare of others.
- Students honor diversity and respect individual differences.
|Print This Page||538 views|