2011-12 Registration & Orientation
Here is the complete schedule for 2011-2012 Registration & Orientation:
|Wed August 17th||9th grade Orientation, Last Name A-L||9am-12 noon|
|Wed August 17th||9th grade Registration, Last Name A-L||12 noon-3pm|
|Thu August 18th||9th grade Orientation, Last Name M-Z||9am-12 noon|
|Thu August 18th||9th grade Registration, Last Name M-Z||12 noon-3pm|
|Fri August 19th||10th grade Registration||9am-3pm|
|Mon August 22nd||11th grade Registration||9am-3pm|
|Tues August 23nd||12th grade Registration||9am-3pm|
|Fri August 26th||Make-up Registration||9am-3pm|
Further information regarding registration will be mailed in August.
On Registration day, you will start at Table 1, then go to each numbered table until you are done. After giving you the necessary information, a person at each table will stamp your yellow registration form. You will not be able to move to the next table until you have a stamp from the previous table stamped on your form. Below is a list (subject to change) of some of the table stations at registration:
- Yellow Registration Forms *
- Aeries Browser Interface (online grade system) *
- Pictures *
- Lunch Forms *
- TechniClinic *
- Return all paperwork *
- PTSA *
- Athletics *
- AASAP *
- ID cards *
- Class Schedules & Handbooks *
- PE Clothes
- Performing Arts/ Afterschool program
- College and Career Center
* Students will be required to have their yellow registration card stamped at these stations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to bring to Registration? Please bring $5 for your MANDATORY school ID. If you choose to purchase High Security ID, the cost is $10 and the mandatory ID will be free.
All New Students: Bring a copy of your medical immunization records to leave with the school.
Seniors: Bring your Social Security Number to Registration if you wish to apply for Cal Grants (college financial aid).
- When should I register if I have more than 1 child at Oakland Tech? If you have more than one child at Tech you may register both/all of your children on the same day. If you have one Tech student, please adhere to the schedule listed at the bottom of this page.
- What if I can’t make it during registration week? Register your child(ren) on the first day of school.
- If my child is out of town, can I register for him/her? Yes. Come on his/her assigned day and follow the process.
- If I am out of town can my child register without me? No. Each student must register with a parent or guardian. In this case, you must register your student(s) on the first day of school.
- When is the first day of school? Monday August 30th, 2010.
- Where can I view a school year calendar? www.oaklandtech.com
- Can I buy P.E. clothes at Registration? You can buy gym clothes with CASH OR MONEY ORDER only –no checks. Price ranges from $20 to $30, depending on the size.
- What is a short Wednesday? Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday students are dismissed at 1:05 so that the staff can be involved in staff development activities.
Textbooks and Debts
- What do I need to know about textbooks and debts? Returning students must return all textbooks to the Textbook Room before beginning the Registration process. if you received a debt notice, please be prepared to pay the debt with cash or money order only. All outstanding debts and textbooks must be cleared before students receive class schedules. Textbook refunds will be distributed beginning in mid-September.
- What should I do if my child believes they have returned their books, but we received a debt notice? The Textbook Room will be open during Registration and students can check the shelves for books to ensure that the debt is removed from their record.
The Oakland Tech Handbook
Each student/family will receive the Oakland Tech Handbook at registration. This will be an extremely valuable resource for each Tech family which you will reference throughout the year. Among the information contained in the Handbook are policies and guidelines, including:
- Cell Phone Policy: Cell phone use is prohibited during school hours. If a student’s phone makes noise, or if a student is seen using it at any other than before school, lunch, or after school, that student may be sent to the principal’s office and the device may be confiscated.
- Dress Code: Students who are in violation of the Oakland Tech dress code may be sent home to change.
- Safeguard your possessions: Do not bring valuables to school. The school will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Print This Post