Everything you need to know about the Registration process and registering your student at Oakland Tech for the 2011-2012 school year.
Here is the 2011-12 Registration flyer which was mailed to all Oakland Tech families.
IT IS THE LAW THAT ALL 7TH-12TH GRADERS MUST HAVE Tdap SHOT TO ENTER SCHOOL. Please bring proof of a Tdap vaccine to registration. NO SHOT NO SCHOOL. THERE WILL BE NURSES AVAILABLE AT REGISTRATION TO ADMINISTER THE VACCINE AT NO CHARGE. The Techniclinic (Health clinic on on campus) may be able to provide the shot before registration. (510) 879-1998.
P.E. uniforms and student ID cards will be available for purchase, Cash Only. Prices range between $20.00-$35.00 for uniforms. ID cards are $5.00. ID cards are mandatory; every student must have an ID card to check out books, attend school activities, and conduct business at Oakland Tech.
The complete schedule for 2011 Registration is listed below:
|Wed August 17th||9th grade Orientation, Last Name A-L||9am-12 noon|
|Wed August 17th||9th grade Registration, Last Name A-L||12 noon-3pm|
|Thu August 18th||9th grade Orientation, Last Name M-Z||9am-12 noon|
|Thu August 18th||9th grade Registration, Last Name M-Z||12 noon-3pm|
|Fri August 19th||10th grade Registration||9am-3pm|
|Mon August 22nd||11th grade Registration||9am-3pm|
|Tues August 23nd||12th grade Registration||9am-3pm|
|Fri August 26th||Make-up Registration||9am-3pm|
On Registration day, you will start at Table 1, then go to each numbered table until you are done. After giving you the necessary information, a person at each table will stamp your yellow registration form. You will not be able to move to the next table until you have a stamp from the previous table stamped on your form. Below is a list (subject to change) of some of the table stations at registration:
* Students will be required to have their yellow registration card stamped at these stations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to bring to Registration? Please bring $5 for your MANDATORY school ID. If you choose to purchase High Security ID, the cost is $10 and the mandatory ID will be free.
All New Students: Bring a copy of your medical immunization records to leave with the school.
Seniors: Bring your Social Security Number to Registration if you wish to apply for Cal Grants (college financial aid).
- When should I register if I have more than 1 child at Oakland Tech? If you have more than one child at Tech you may register both/all of your children on the same day. If you have one Tech student, please adhere to the schedule listed at the bottom of this page.
- What if I can’t make it during registration week? Register your child(ren) on the first day of school.
- If my child is out of town, can I register for him/her? Yes. Come on his/her assigned day and follow the process.
- If I am out of town can my child register without me? No. Each student must register with a parent or guardian. In this case, you must register your student(s) on the first day of school.
- When is the first day of school? Monday August 29th, 2011.
- Where can I view a school year calendar? www.oaklandtech.com
- Can I buy P.E. clothes at Registration? You can buy gym clothes with CASH OR MONEY ORDER only –no checks. Price ranges from $20 to $30, depending on the size.
- What is a short Wednesday? Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday students are dismissed at 1:05 so that the staff can be involved in staff development activities.
The Oakland Tech Handbook
Each student/family will receive the Oakland Tech Handbook at registration. This will be an extremely valuable resource for each Tech family which you will reference throughout the year. Among the information contained in the Handbook are policies and guidelines, including:
- Cell Phone Policy: Cell phone use is prohibited during school hours. If a student’s phone makes noise, or if a student is seen using it at any other than before school, lunch, or after school, that student may be sent to the principal’s office and the device may be confiscated.
- Dress Code: Students who are in violation of the Oakland Tech dress code may be sent home to change.
- Safeguard your possessions: Do not bring valuables to school. The school will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Copyright 2015 Oakland Technical High School; all rights reserved.