Staff Bulletin – September 5, 2011
- Tuesday, September 6th Administrative Meeting 9-10:30
- Wednesday, September 7th Technology Meeting 3:50-5:00
- Thursday, September 8th Mock Williams Visit 8:30-12:30
- Friday, September 9th Grade Level Assemblies (see schedule below)
- Saturday, September 10th Football @ Balboa, JV 11:00, Varsity 2:00
Good News! Tech has increased its API by 21 points. Our API is now 706 and we are the first Oakland high school to surpass 700! Thanks for your diligence and belief that our school and students can meet high levels of academic achievement. 800 is our goal!! Congratulations to all!!
1. Grade Level Assembly Procedures:
Please review the procedures located in the OT handbook. Reinforce proper assembly etiquette with your students.
Friday, September 9th
- 9th grade: 1st period
- 10th grade: 2nd period
- 11th- 12th grade: 3rd period
If you have mixed grade levels, you can send students to the proper assembly without accompanying them. If you have a majority of one grade level, you may bring your entire class if you so choose.
2. Please let students know that they are not to come to the counseling office for schedule changes.
Students are to complete the course change form and submit to the counseling office. Counselors will notify them regarding their request. Please share with students that counselors are working on balancing classes and will contact students with schedule concerns as soon as time permits.
3. Submit your warm body count to Ms. Page, daily.
We will use these counts to adjust the master schedule and to balance your classes. Please keep students in class even if you are over your limit. We will work quickly to be in compliance with the contractual class size limit (by September 19th).
4. Please submit your 6-week lesson plans and syllabi
to Sheilagh Andujar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 12th. Templates can be found in the handbook.
5. Williams Mock Audit is Thursday, September 8th.
Please make sure that you have posted all required postings in the different languages today. The formal visit is unannounced this year, so let your students know that they are to bring their books to class everyday.
If you are to be evaluated this year you will be notified by the administrator that will be conducting the evaluation process with you. Please see Ms. Andujar if you have any questions regarding the evaluation process. Mr. Fairly has posted the evaluation handbook to the website. Please refer to his last week’s emails.
7. Stull Bill:
All teachers will are asked to complete goals and objectives. Due date is September 22nd.
All students will be taking the SRI (reading inventory) in their English class. Please refer to Ms. Austin’s email regarding the schedule.
Future Planning (See the Calendar on oaklandtech.com website)
- September 12th PTSA Meeting 7-9 p.m.
- September 14th Minimum Day 1:05 Dismissal, 1:50 PD
- September 15th Make-up Pictures 8-1
- Department Chair/PD Committee 3:40-5:00
- September 17th Piano Event
- September 19th Staff Meeting 3:40-5:00
- September 21st Minimum Day 1:05 Dismissal, 1:50 PD
- ILT Meeting 3:40-5:00
- September 22nd Goals and Objectives Due (Stull Bill)
- Back To School Night 6-8 p.m. (correction)
- September 29th PTSA Mini-Maxi Grant Deadline
- Road To College 7 p.m.
Leadership Announcements: M-W-F, 3rd period. Submit your announcements by 2nd period.
Please issue blue passes every time a student must leave your class. NEVER release students before the bell rings. This is disruptive to classes in session.
- Appointments: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:30-3:30
- Counseling and Health Ed. Appointments ONLY Wednesday
- Drop-In: Daily 11:15-12:15 and 1:30-2:00
- Closed Everyday 12:43-1:26
Students MUST have a BLUE Pass to go to the Techniclinic.
Print This Post