Staff Bulletin – September 19, 2011
- Administrative Meeting 9-10:30
- Faculty Council Meeting 12:50-1:25 Conference Room
- Staff Meeting 3:40-5:00
- Minimum Day 1:05 Dismissal
- 1:50 PD @Tech
- 9th grade ILT Meeting 3:40-5:00
- Goals and Objectives Due to Administrator (Stull Bill)
- Back To School Night 6-8 p.m. (correction)
- Football vs. Pinole Valley 4:30 and 7:00 @OT
Future Planning (See the Calendar on oaklandtech.com website)
- PTSA Mini-Maxi Grant Deadline
- OT Technology requests due
- Road To College 7 p.m.
- ASB meeting 3rd period
- Faculty Council Meeting lunchtime
- CSSC Meeting 6-7:30
October 4th and 5th
- CAHSEE Exam for 11th and 12th graders
- Minimum Day (1:05 dismissal and PD (1:50-3:30)
- Technology Committee Meeting 3:45-5:00
- No Students, Buy Back PD day 8:30-3:30
- Football vs Newark Memorial 4:30 and 7:00 @ OT
Good Tech News!!
*This past Saturday, Tech welcomed the Class of 1961 and accepted their class gift- the restoration of our 1916 Concert Grand Piano-a gift made possible by the generosity of hundreds ofalumni and donors. Tech’s performing artists performed for close to 200 guests. A heartfelt thanks goes to our talented students, dedicated alumni and our hardworking PTSA for making our dream of building a world class performing arts program closer to reality.
*Congratulations to Parker Merrill for being nominated by the Engineering Academy parents for the KPIX Jefferson Award. This past week,Parker was selected to be a recipient of this fitting award. Thank you, parents, for your support and to Parker for your on-going dedication to the students of Oakland.
Enrollment: Our enrollment breakdown: 1900 students, 505 9th, 500 10th, 403 11th, 389 12th and 102 SDC. We are about 70 students over projected enrollment. Ms. Andujar is discussing enrollment with Alison McDonald and asking for district support regarding class size overages.
6-week lesson plans and syllabi are to be submitted to ( Sheilagh Andujar (firstname.lastname@example.org) today. Thank you to staff that has completed this important task.
Williams Visit is UNANNOUNCED but we believe the visit will occur early this week.
Please refer to the purple memo from Ms. Williams. Make sure that you have posted all required postings by your door in all of the different languages. Remind your students know that they are to bring their books to class everyday. Students are never to be instructed to leave books at home.
Goals and Objectives:
*Formal Evaluations: You have been notified if you are to be formally evaluated this year. Your goals and objectives are due to your evaluator this week and no later than September 22nd.
*I am asking teachers who are not to be formally evaluated to complete 2-3 Goals that you would like to achieve this year. Please complete and return to Ms. Andujar by September 30th.
Mr. Fairly has posted the evaluation handbook to the OT website.
SRI: All students will be taking the SRI (reading inventory) in their English class. Please refer to Ms. Austin’s email for scheduling information.
Site Safety Plan: Please read the important Site Safety Memo from Mr. Raeke. It will be reviewed at our staff meeting on Monday, September 19th.
ABI Gradebook: We have entered our 4th week of school. Your first set of assignments and grades need to be posted to ABI. This is a valuable resource for keeping students and families informed about academic progress in a timely manner.
10. Staff Meeting 9/19 Agenda: Short Presentations: C. Carmona (after school programs), Techniclinic and Nurse Van Berry, Ms. Chi (MESA), Mr. Raeke (Safety Plan), Fred Trotter (school security). Information: Back to School Night, copier issues, classroom visits and collegial support, CSSC and FC elections. It is a full agenda, so please be on time.
11. PD 9/21, 1:50-3:30. PLC work by departments. You will report directly to your department and begin work on lesson plan development by subject area. You will be collaborating on lesson design and implementation 9/21, 10/5 and for part of the day, 10/7). Your department chair will give you more information.
New Payroll Information!! Please READ the attached Email from Vernon Hall.
Here is an excerpt from his email: “Specifically, because of a new payroll system implemented by Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE), it is no longer feasible for us to deliver paychecks for retrieval at school sites or department offices. To repeat: As of Friday, September 9, pay checks will no longer be available for pick-up at school sites or department offices.”
Leadership Announcements: M-W-F, 3rd period. Submit your announcements by 2nd period.
Blue Passes: Please issue blue passes every time a student must leave your class. NEVER release students before the bell rings. This is disruptive to classes in session.
Appointments: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:30-3:30
Counseling and Health Ed. Appointments ONLY Wednesday
Drop-In: Daily 11:15-12:15 and 1:30-2:00
Closed Everyday 12:43-1:26
Students MUST have a BLUE Pass to go to the Techniclinic.
HAVE A SUPER WEEK!!
Print This Post