Staff Bulletin – February 6, 2012
- Administrative Meeting 9:00-10:00
- Student Council Meeting 3rd Period
- Faculty Council Meeting 12:50-1:20
- CSSC Meeting 6-7:30
- CAHSEE ELA Exam 10th and 12th grade
- Men’s Soccer @ Fremont and Women’s Soccer @ OT 3:30
- AASAP Meeting 5:30-7:00
- Minimum Day 1:05 dismissal, OUSD PD 2-3:30
- CAHSEE Math Exam 10th and 12th grade
- Men’s BB vs. O High @ OT V 4:30, JV 7:00
- Women’s BB @ OHigh, V 4:30, JV 7:00
- Men’s Soccer @ Skyline and Women’s Soccer @ OT, 3:30
- All City Jazz Festival @ OT 6:30
- Men and Women’s Varsity Doubleheader vs. Skyline @ OT 4:30
- Men and Women’s JV Doubleheader @ Skyline 4:30
Future Dates February, 2012
- Staff Meeting 3:40-5:00
- PTSA Meeting 7:00-9:00
- CPA Conference in Sacramento (2/13-2/15),
- Happy Valentine’s Day
- Ski Trip (2/14-2/16)
- Minimum Day 1:05 Dismissal, OT PD 1:50-3:30
- 9th Grade ILT Meeting 3:45-5:00
- SWOOSH Spirit Rally 2:00-3:30
- Department Chair/Academy Directors’ Meeting 3:40-5:00
- Black College Expo 9-5 Oakland Marriott
- Presidents’ Holiday-No School
February 22nd or 24th B
- SU Assembly celebrating Black History Month (a change)
- Invitational Green Assembly
- Academy Fair for 9th graders, Periods 1-6
SAVE THE DATE: OTHS AUCTION MARCH 24, 2012 6:00-10:30 p.m. Uptown Garage 401 26th Street, Oakland.
Please join me in welcoming our two new staff members: Lamar Hancock (9th grade Manhood Development teacher, S3 coordinator) and Peter Heckel (Digital Media teacher).
Six Week Lesson Plans are due to Ms. Andujar today, February 6th. Please email your plans to Ms. Richardson (hellen.richardson @ousd.k12.ca.us).
The 10th annual OUSD Jazz Festival will be held in the Tech Auditorium, on Thursday evening, February 9, at 6:30 pm. This concert will highlight the performances of eight jazz ensembles within OUSD, including Tech’s. And as a special treat, the concert will feature long time Oakland resident and world renowned percussionist PETE ESCOVEDO.
This concert will be dedicated to the legendary jazz trumpeter and educator, and Tech parent, KHALIL SHAHEED, founder of Oaktown Jazz. Khalil has nurtured the talents of so many of our students, and we are proud to be able to honor him this way.
Attendance is free!
* From Alison McDonald: Filtering and using You Tube in classrooms: GeeKin Chou sent the following notice out to schools–which I am repeating, because there have been quite a few concerns about the strict filters on the OUSD Network system. Because of funding sources, the filters have to be strong–but please read below: I realize these policies can be somewhat frustrating but we must comply with CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) and the Lightspeed content filtering tool only gives us a certain degree of flexibility. I appreciate the power of the internet to enhance teaching and learning and we will continually review and modify these policies as the technology and laws permit.
**1. Youtube.com will take everyone directly to Youtube for schools.
**2. All videos in the safe video library at http://ousd-ls/safevideos are still available.
**3. If you have authorization to bypass the block to certain sites, you can continue to do so by typing in your user name and password into the “access denied” page. Bypassing the block for one site enables you to access all other sites allowed for your job title for about 1 hour before you have to enter your user name and password again.
**4. Some sites are still blocked for everyone. If you feel you should have access to a particular site, you may submit it for review as instructed on the “access denied” page. This process alerts Lightspeed to review the categorization for that particular site (e.g. adult content, social media etc).
**5. If you feel you have legitimate business needs to access a particular site even though the site is correctly categorized and blocked, please submit the “content filtering override account application” that can be found in the OUSD public site at departments/information and technology services/technology services authorization forms. You will receive a response within 7 days.
**6. You will no longer be able to access the full You Tube through an “override”. If you need to access a YouTube video that is not in youtube for schools, please email the full URL of the video to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and if deemed appropriate, it will be loaded into the safe video library. Please allow at least 24 hours response time.
ABI Gradebook: please ensure that your gradebook is accessible and up-to-date. Students can only benefit from this essential service.
OUSD Email: Please read Mr. Fairly’s memo /email regarding using your OUSD issued email for all official school business. Oakland Tech information and announcements will only be sent to your OUSD email address. Need additional information? Mr. Fairly’s memo gives a thorough explanation how to access your OUSD email.
Blue Passes: Refer to Ms. Williams memo, sent two weeks ago.
Oakland Tech’s Motto (taken from an OT publication, “The Bulldog Tale”, 1961
“All for each and each for all”
Participate, support one another and show your positive bulldog spirit,
each and every day!
Print This Post