CSSC Minutes, 2008, 11/3
OAKLAND TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL
November 3, 2008, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Oakland Tech Library
Regular Monthly Meeting
Rollie Katz, Chair
(By-laws require 9 for quorum)
[√] Joanna Berg (1st year)
[exc] Rollie Katz (2nd year)
[√] Jodi Murphy (2nd year)
[√] Phyllis Hall (alt., 2nd year)
[ ] Parent (alt.) (vacant)
[ ] Lesley Johnson-Gelb (1st year)
[√] Erick Friely (1st year)
[√] Molly Katz (1st year)
[√] Devon King (1st year)
[ ] Leslie Luo (1st year)
[√] Alexandra Grant (1st year alt.)
[ ] Le Tran (1st year alt.)
[√] Sheilagh Andujar
[√] James Beckett (2nd year)
[ ] Keith Debro (1st year)
[√] Richard Fairly (2nd year)
[ ] Emmanuel Onyeador (2ndyear)
[√] Maryann Wolfe (2nd year)
[ ] Ashlee Sherman (alt., 2nd year)
[ ] Harry Pasternak (alt., 1st year)
Other School Staff
[√] Lamar Hancock (1st year)
[√] Joshua Fuchs (2nd year)
[√] Kanika Ajanaku (alt., 1st year)
[√] Nina Jacobs (alt., 1st year)
Other: Nick Henderson (parent, DAC representative)
COLLABORATIVE SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETING
1. Call to Order, Welcome, Roll Call, Introductions
Meeting called to order at 6:05 p.m. by Jodi Murphy, Vice Chair, in Rollie’s absence. A quorum was established. All present introduced themselves.
2. Reading and approval of minutes (Murphy, Fairly)
· The minutes of the October 6, 2008, meeting of the CSSC were read and approved.
Joanna moved to approve the minutes, as presented; second; carried.
3. Review and Assessment of Family Engagement at Oakland Tech (Andujar)
Attachment: Family Engagement for Student Learning Rubric
· Sheilagh introduced the Family Engagement for Student Learning Rubric that was provided to the school by the district’s Family and Community Engagement Office. Each CSSC member is asked to circle portions of the rubric to indicate their assessment of the family engagement at Tech. The office will collect these and compile the results.
· The categories were not discrete enough. There were several ideas in one box, and a school might do well on one of them.
· People on the inside of the school would have a better idea on some of it.
· The focus seemed to be more on elementary in some of the areas of the rubric.
Sheilagh will collect the rubrics and deliver them to the Office of Family and Community Engagement.
4. Discuss, modify, and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement (Site Plan) for 2008-2009 (Andujar)
· Oakland Tech has received additional allocations of funds in the categorical accounts that are overseen by the CSSC: Title I, School Library Improvement Block Grant, and Education Improvement Act—Student Compensatory Eduation.
Title I – $154,890.00
EIA-SCE – approximately $80,000.00
Arts & Music Block Grant — $23,569.64
· These funds would not cover improvements to the physical plant (Boys’ Gym was asked about).
· Registration costs for workshops. Workshop participation by the Instructional Assistants and Paraprofessionals is included.
· The Microsoft Settlement funds will provide a substantial amount for technology at the school.
· Departments are being asked to specify the amount they will need to spend this year.
Richard moved to approve :
· up to $154,000 from Title I for supplies, teacher stipends, conferences, field trips, and technology;
· up to $16,669.07 from SLIBG for supplies, teacher stipends, conferences, and technology;
· up to $80,000.00 from EIA-SCE for supplies, teacher stipends, conferences, and technology; and
· up to $23,569.64 from the Arts & Music Block Grant for supplies, teacher stipends, conferences, and technology. The motion was seconded and carried.
5. Public Comment
· No public comment was offered.
· Sheilagh announced the SSC training that will be available this month.
· Richard announced that the self-study information will be available on the school website this month.
· There will not be a district Options Faire this year.
· The students presented a Performing Arts assembly on Friday.
· The Leadership Class will be presenting a proposal for a Winter Ball this year.
· The marquee needs to be wired, and this will be done by an outside contractor this month.
· The students will be voting in a mock election in their History classes tomorrow.
7. Next Meeting Date
· The next CSSC meeting will be held on Monday, December 1, 2008, at 6:00 p.m. in the Oakland Tech Library.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:00 p.m.
Joshua moved to adjourn; second; carried.
|Print This Page||23 views|