Faculty Council Elections: Teachers: If you have not already returned the preliminary Faculty Council ballot to Ms. Wolfe’s box in the main office, please do so by Tuesday, September 15. If you do not return the form that was placed in your box last week, you name will appear on the official ballot, which will be distributed and voted upon at our next staff meeting (Monday, September 21st).
Staff Meeting: The staff meeting was listed on the bulletin last week for this Monday. However, this was an error and the next staff meeting will be on Monday September 21st.
LUNCH FOR STAFF MEMBERS: Did you know that you can order a variety of lunches from our student cafeteria? If enough people order lunch, Gwen, our cafeteria manager, is willing to serve teachers their lunches in a separate location so it will be quicker. Let her know if you are interested.
Hearing and Vision Screening: The school district will be conducting Hearing and Vision Screenings on all 10th grade students the week of September 21st-September 25th. We apologize for this interruption in your teaching schedule, but this is not an optional event. The district would like to organize the screening through the 10th grade English classes. A schedule will be distributed this week for organizational purposes. The screenings will take place in the Quick Lunch Room.
Walk Through: We have begun to do our walk through of classrooms since school has begun. We started off by looking for BBC, Black Board Configuration. If you are new to Tech we have a common agreement that all classrooms will have a BBC.
Back to School Night: Will take place on Thursday night. There will be a bell schedule for parents to follow to all classes. Please be prepared to share information regarding your class as a whole including your class syllabus. We are expecting all teachers to be present for the event. If you are unable to attend please notify Mrs. Andujar immediately. Parents truly appreciate this event each year, and it is a great opportunity to let parents know how your class is organized and the best way to support you with their children.
Course syllabi and 6 week lesson plans were due to Ms. Andujar 9/8. Please turn in both documents to Ms. Andujar no later than Tuesday, September 15th.
Committee Membership: Thank you for staff for volunteering your time to support Tech!
- Beautification (sub-committee of the PTSA, Meeting Date TBD): Aaron Goldman and Eldica Miller
- CSSC (interest in elected position): Richard Fairly, Emmanuel Onyeador, Maryann Wolfe
- Professional Development: (monthly meetings TBD): Richard Fairly, Patrick Friedman, Emmanuel Onyeador, Harry Pasternak, Heather Ramme, Maryann Wolfe, Tobi Page
- Technology Committee: (monthly meetings, 2nd Wednesday of the month 4-5 p.m. Mr. Raeke’s room):
- Shawn Raeke, Ron Chan, James Coplan, Richard Fairly, Emmanuel Onyeador, O’Neil Provost, Vicki Silkiss. Mariel Davidson, Phil Williams, Ross Yokomura
Committees to be filled:
- Positive School Climate Committee
- Social Committee
- PTSA Staff Representatives
If you were inadvertently left off or put on a committee, please let Ms. Andujar know. Thank you