2009 Girls Soccer Parent Meeting
|December 4, 2009|
Parents & Guardians of Oakland Tech Girls Soccer student-athletes:
There will be a parent/guardian meeting this Friday @ 7pm. Maddy’s Dad Steve Gelb is kindly hosting the event.
315 Lenox Ave, cross street is Grand, near Fairyland
The meeting will give me an opportunity to introduce myself and discuss my goals for the upcoming season. It will also be an opportunity to discuss fund raising ideas, parent positions and end of season celebrations.
There will be a small food pot luck, the meeting should go no longer than 90 minutes.
Please can you make sure that this email finds its way to your parents/guardians.
II. Goals for the season
III. Parent Job Allocation
- End-of-the-Year Party: Work out budget, if insufficient funds from Goal Collector & team budget, collect money from parents. Plan location, date, etc.
- Team Photographer/s: Randomly take pictures of players throughout season. Can be given to each player at End-of-Year Party or published on your team web site. Also liaise with other parents and get their photos as well. Send good ones to Web Page organizer. This could also include using a video camera to record a game for players to review with Head Coach and Trainer.
- Organize Fund-Raiser: Look for alternate methods of raising funds outside of regular sponsorship e.g. Team Car Wash, Garage Sale etc.
- 1st Aid Person: If 1st aid experience then can act as 1st aid person on game day. If not, be responsible for bringing the 1st aid kit and ice in the form of ice packs or regular ice and small bags to put ice in, to every game.
- Team Web Page: Help the Head Coach to forward information to the team.
IV. Team Budget (Cathy Dees)
V. Fundraising Ideas
- Girls Coaching Camp (Little Kickers): Core Soccer Skills and Fun Games. Run by Varsity players to 1st-8th Graders in Oakland School District.
VI. Practice and Game Schedule
- 2 games a week: OAL Website
- 3 Sessions
VII. JV Team
VIII. Questions and Answers