Results for the 'Latino' Category
Scholarship: Trenza Scholarships 2013
Eligibility: • Chicana/Latina High School Graduating Seniors
• 3.0 GPA min.
• Plan to attend a 2 or 4-year college
Your application packet should include TWO copies of the following:
1. High school transcript
3. Personal statement essay
Application Deadline: March 29, 2013
Scholarship: PG&E Employee Resource Groups 2013 College Scholarships
Scholarship Amount: ACCESS: $2,000 (5)
BEA: $1,000-$5,000 (10 OR MORE)
INSPIR ASIAN: $2,000 (10 OR MORE)
LATINO: $1,000 (30 or more)
LEGACY: $1,000-$2,000 (1 or more)
NU ENERGY $1,000-$1,500 (5 or more) • PRIDE NETWORK: $5,000 (5-8)
PSEA: $1,000 (# TBD)
SAMAHAN: Up to $2,000 (10 or more)
Veterans: $1,750 (2)
WOMEN’S NETWORK: Up to $3,000 (8 or more)
Eligibility: Proof of residency (you or your parent/guardian) in the PG&E service area.
High School Senior
Minimum GPA varies
Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
Additional Information: • Proof of residency (you or your parent/guardian) in the PG&E service area.
• Separate application package to each Employee Resource Group to which you are applying.
• Required documents for a complete scholarship application packet:
1. Completed and signed application form
2. Essay(s) on the topic specified per the ERG application supplement
3. Copy of PG&E bill from within the last six months or other proof of residency in the PG&E service area
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, coaches, community leaders, mentors, or work supervisors.
Some of the ERGS require additional documents. Be sure to review the ERG application supplements for those requirements.
Applications are available in the scholarship drawer or go to application link.
|February 1, 2013|
Scholarship: Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships
Scholarship Amount: Up to $24,000 over four years
Eligibility: Be a graduating, minority high school senior;
Plan to attend an accredited and approved four–year institution within the United States;
Show leadership potential;
Demonstrate a dedication to community service;
Present evidence of financial need;
Be a United States citizen;
A minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21; and
Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2013, Application opened Nov, 1, 2012.
Additional Information: Step One:
Complete the draft form, including composing your responses to the four essay questions. Determine who will submit a letter of recommendation.
Collect all required information – copy of FAFSA, copy of your SAT or ACT scores (scores should be sent directly to Foundation. College code: SAT: 42448 /ACT: 6570)
Application draft available in the scholarship drawer.
Apply online see link.
|February 15, 2013|
Scholarship: The Gates Millennium Scholars
Scholarship Amount: Awards to be determined by GMS based on financial need
Eligibility: Citizen, or legal permanent resident of the USA, Demonstrated leadership, Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria, 3.3 GPA or higher on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
Application Deadline: 1/15/2013, Application started 8/15/2012
Additional Information: A complete application consists of:
1. Student application
2. Educator’s evaluation
3. Evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership. Log onto the Gates Millenium Scholars (GMS) Online nomination system at: https://scholarships.gmsp.org/Program/Details/7d6e42b1-d063-4bd2-a977-057b290e2708
|January 16, 2013|
Scholarship: RMHC U.S. Scholarships
Sponsor/Organization: Ronald McDonald House Charities
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 (100)
Eligibility: For High School Seniors less than 21 years old who are eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full course of study. Must be a legal resident.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2012
Additional Information: There are 4 scholarship categories available: 1) RMHC/Scholars: All students ; 2) RMHC/Asia: Applicants with at least one parent of Asian-Pacific heritage; 3) RMHC/African-American Future Achievers with at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage; 4) RMHC/HACER: Applicant must have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage. Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline on the application.
|December 20, 2012|
Scholarship: HSF / Discover Scholarship Program
Sponsor/Organization: HSF / Discover
Scholarship Amount: $5,000
Eligibility: Eligibility Requirements
* Be of Hispanic heritage
* Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible Non-U.S. citizen
* Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Have plans to enroll FULL-TIME at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2012-2013 academic year
* Must permanently reside OR attend an institution in one of the following states:
o New York
* Intend to enroll as an undergraduate Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior at a four-year college or university in the 2012-2013 academic year
* Be pursuing one of the following majors: Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology (IT/MIS) or Marketing
* Must submit a resume
* Must plan to apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning January 2012.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2012
|February 15, 2012|
Scholarship: HSF/Clorox Gracias Mamá Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $12,000
Eligibility: Applicants are required to submit a 500-word essay detailing the role their mother or mother figure has played in their education. Fifteen finalists will be selected and given a camera to create a video on how their mother influenced their decision to attend college. The videos will be uploaded to the Clorox Latino Facebook page for fans to support their favorite finalists. Five winners will be selected based on HSF selection criteria. In addition to the $12,000 scholarship, each will receive a $500 spa day certificate for their mom.
* Be of Hispanic Heritage
* Be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible Non-U.S. citizen
* Must be a four-year college freshman (in 2012-2013) enrolled full-time at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam.
* Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* All Majors allowed
* Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Application Deadline: Jan. 17, 2012
|January 17, 2012|
Scholarship: Lambda Theta Nu Sorority Latina Scholarships
Sponsor/Organization: Lambda Theta Nu Sorority
Scholarship Amount: Varies
Eligibility: 1. Applicant must be a female of Latino heritage or be able demonstrate dedication to
community service and empowerment of the Latina(o) community.
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior in high school.
3. Applicant must plan to attend an accredited community college, university, or technical or
Application Deadline: May 12, 2011
Additional Information: Mail applications to Arcelia Gallardo, University of California Berkeley, Divine Delta Chapter, 2336 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720
Scholarship: ¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program
Sponsor/Organization: Southwest Airlines and Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
Scholarship Amount: 1-4 Airline tickets to travel to/from college on Southwest Airlines
Eligibility: ■Student must be enrolled in a college or university away from their designated home.
■Student must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA and show financial need.
HACU will verify academic standing and financial need with the respective universities after the selection committee makes their final recommendations, prior to final selection and distribution of the travel award to the student.
■Applicants must be 18 years old or older and a legal U.S. resident.
All federal government regulations related to air travel and Transportation Security Administration rules must be adhered to, including but not limited to producing a valid government issued photo ID for air travel.
■One application per student must be submitted by the specified deadline (postmarked April 29).
■Needed travel must be to/from Southwest Airlines destinations.
■Student should specify extent of financial need or constraints.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2011 postmark
Scholarship: Los Hermanos de Stanford Scholarships
Sponsor/Organization: Los Hermanos de Stanford
Scholarship Amount: Two $1,000 scholarships
Eligibility: Awarded to outstanding Latino students graduating from high school with plans to attend any 2-year or 4-year institution of higher learning. Financial need will be taken into account. The award is open to male and female applicants, and attending Stanford University is NOT a requirement.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2011