I will be in your area May 6th – 7th, 2013. I want to see if I could schedule a visit to your campus. We will be promoting a special program that makes UCR unique among all the other campuses. Let me know if this is possible. When responding to this email please indicate which school you are from. Take a look at the information below:
High School Juniors:
Guarantee Your Admission
Reserve your spot at UC Riverside before anyone else can even apply!
UC Riverside is the only UC that offers the Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP) for outstanding high school juniors. Unlike early decision programs, GAP is nonbinding. You may apply, be admitted and then choose whether or not to attend.
Qualify for GAP
· Complete 13 of 15 UC-approved “a-g” courses by the end of your junior year. (Finish fourth-year English and either performing arts or an elective as a senior).
· Earn a minimum (weighted) 3.9 GPA in all “a-g” coursework (and maintain academic excellence as a senior).
· Score at least 1600 on the SAT Reasoning exam or 23 on the ACT Plus Writing. SAT Subject exams are not required, but can be a bonus.
Apply for GAP
· Complete your free online GAP application at http://gap.ucr.edu during the enrollment period of June 18-July 31, 2013. Find answers to FAQs there, too.
· You still must submit a UC application by November of your senior year even if you are admitted to UCR through GAP.
Juan Carlos Lopez | Admissions Counselor, M.A.
900 University Ave | 3106 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521
Become a fan of UC Riverside Admissions on Facebook!
OUSD prohibits unlawful discrimination (such as discriminatory harassment, intimidation, or bullying) against any student, employee, or other person participating in district programs and activities, including, but not limited to, those programs or activities funded directly by or that receive or benefit from any state financial assistance, based on the person's actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital, pregnancy, or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Government Code 11135, or Penal Code 422.55 or equity or compliance with Title IX, or based on his/her association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (5 CCR 4610). BOARD POLICY 0410. BOARD POLICY 1312.3. BOARD POLICY 4030. BOARD POLICY 5143.3. BOARD POLICY 5145.7. Complaint forms are available at school sites, on the district webpage at www.ousd.org/ombudsperson, at the Office of the Ombudsperson located at 1000 Broadway, 1st Floor, Suite 150, Oakland, CA 94607, or via telephone 510-879-4281.
Copyright 2020 Oakland Technical High School; all rights reserved.