Oakland Technical High School in the 1950s
- There were more than 60 Clubs at Tech, including Modern Composers, Canasta, Magic, Stamp & Coin Collecting, Rod & Gun, Ice Skating, and Riding.
- Tech has the Highest Academic Standing of any high school in the Bay Area.
- Oakland voters pass a $40 Million Bond Measure to address Seismic Safety in the most dangerous schools. At Tech, funds are used to build a new 995 seat auditorium, convert the old auditorium into the library, and convert the former library into offices.
- Leadership Team members were packaged in boxes and sold as "slaves" to the highest bidder as a fundraiser for the American Field Service program.
- The National Education Association and Dr. James Bryant Conant produced a film, titled "How Good Are Our Schools?", featuring 2 American public high schools which were considered "model" schools: Labette County Community High School in rural Kansas, and Oakland Tech.